SKILLS SUMMARY: A highly professional and effective leader with 20 years of extensive experience in management, workforce planning, and talent management. A collaborative leader who is able to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders. An analytical and strategic thinker who pays close attention to detail and is able to collect and analyze data and research to evaluate, recommend and implement improvement processes, programs and initiatives. A strong communicator with keen listening skills and the ability to communicate and report progress in writing or orally. Highly proficient using Microsoft software, technology and data for making decisions.
Gantt Consulting, LLC, 01/01/2013 – Present
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
- organizational growth and fund raising
- board and leadership development
- community development
- strategic thinking, planning and performance improvement
- program development and replication
Vice President, Field Operations, 07/2011 – 09/2013
Communities In Schools National, Arlington, VA 22202
- Using research and survey data, implemented a $9 million dollar growth and investment strategy. Increased the geographic location of affiliates by 67% from 12 to 20 states.
- Designed and implemented a best-in-class distance learning strategy.
- Managed and implemented executive leadership development pilot, graduating 93% (14 of 15)participants.
- Implemented new board governance initiative for network of 180+ affiliates in 27 states and DC.
- Increased the number of accreditations by 35% from 70 to 107. Assessed program effectiveness andimplemented improvement processes and initiatives.
- Coordinated monthly meetings, leadership conferences and other activities for national network.
- Built effective relationships across four major national departments and with nationalorganizations.
- Negotiated contracts, managed contractors and assessed performance goals.
- Communicated progress on performance metrics in writing and orally with senior leadership.
- Implemented and monitored strategic and annual operations plan.
- Managed and supervised local and virtual field operations and distance learning teams.
- Developed and managed budget of $7 million, managed 10 foundation and federal grants.
- Served as the staff liaison to national board of directors and point of contact for 20 state offices.585.201.6618 14640 Hawley Lane * Upper Marlboro, MD 20774 email@example.com www.aganttconsulting.com
President & CEO, 10/2008 – 06/2011
Earth Conservation Corps, Washington, DC 20024
- Partnered with board of directors to implement governance strategy and strategic plan.
- Implemented new financial policies and accountability processes that reduced annual expenses by25%.
- Through resource and fund development strategy execution, raised over $2 million dollars tosupport operations and program growth.
- Implemented process improvement initiatives, increasing the retention of program participates by75% and outcome performance metrics by 60%.
- Point of contact and liaison for environmental networks and coalitions.
- Supervised and managed staff, volunteers, and contractors; monitored performance metrics.
- Developed and managed annual budget.Executive Director, 03/2008 – 09/2008 Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection, Greenbelt, MD 20770
- Executed and met 100% business plan’s expansion and replication goals, increasing operations and program model from one to two states.
- Built organizational infrastructure and expanded program model by 10%, adding four new schools.
- Implemented human capital plan, recruited, interviewed, hired and trained staff.
- Provided day-to-day operations, supervised and managed staff.
- Increased the number of strategic partners by 100% from 0 to 10 in first year of expansion. Createdpublic and private partnership with public schools, local businesses, and nonprofits.
Executive Director, 09/01/1997 – 02/27/2008Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection, Rochester, NY 14609
- Increased annual operations budget by 81% from $1 million to $5.4 million as a result of effective stakeholder relationships and program effectiveness.
- Replicated the organization and program model by 75% from one to four geographic locations.
- Increased strategic partnerships by over 50%, including, 20 employer partners, 5 higher educationpartners, and hundreds of volunteers.
- Met human resource goals by increasing staff by 77% from 17 to 76 members.
- Supervised management team of 11 and staff of 65.
- Worked cohesively with board of 23 directors.
- Developed and managed annual budget.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Bachelors of Science in Social Work, 1999
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY 14623
American Express Leadership Program, 2012
Harvard University, Executive Leadership Program, 2007
United Way of Greater Rochester, Leadership Rochester, 2000
United Way of Greater Rochester, African American Leadership Development Program, 2000
AWARDS AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES
Roberts Wesleyan College, Distinguished Leadership Award, 2003
Rochester Business Journal, 40 Under 40 Award, 2001
Rochester Institute of Technology, Kearse Distinguished Lecture and Student Award, 2000 Stephen Minister, Zion Church, current
Zion Church Small Group Member, current
Earth Conservation Corps, 2008 – 2011
J.O. Wilson Elementary School Tutor, 2010